A whole new concept as a reaction to mankind's rather poor weather predicting abilities
Why would you want to waste a beautiful skiing day in a training room? Why spend a poor weather day on the slopes? Why not instead be outside when the conditions say skiing and learn from one of the best Scrum trainers in the world when skiing wouldn’t be fun anyway?
We’ll do exactly that!
A whole new concept as a reaction to mankind's rather poor weather predicting abilities. You might want to call that true agile training. During our stand-up each morning we decide whether we go skiing (when the weather is right) or do one of the two Advanced Certified ScrumMaster training days.
The Concept - Where pleasure meets agile business
Everybody talks about a good work-life balance. We implement it!
Make the best possible of the days in Davos - don’t sit in a training room wishing you’d be on the slopes when the sun is shining and the skiing conditions are perfect ... and don’t spend a day on the hill when it would have been better invested learning about Scrum.
Family is important so Henrik is going to bring his family along for exactly that reason. As will Klaus (Agile coach and organizer of this event). You are welcome to do so too. The price for accompanying family members excludes the course obviously and thus is substantially lower. As a matter of fact children staying in the same room as the parents only pay for breakfast.
The course tought by Henrik Kniberg will be the Scrum Alliance® Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM).
When & Where
Sunday, February 24th - Friday, March 1st 2019
At 1500m above sea level the highest situated city in the alps and therefore very snow reliable. A fantastic destination with lots of history as one of the oldest skiing resorts in Switzerland. Prince Charles’ preferred place and of course also where the World Economic Forum meets every year. Get more information about Davos here.
This is not only about Scrum training and skiing, it is about networking. We expect participants from all over the world and as such you will be able to network with people from other countries and cultures. In order to maximize opportunities for networking between the participants, we will facilitate communications by setting up a slack for all participants. This way you can socialize with like minded people, meet them for a lunch discussion on the mountain, organize an evening where you present your favorite topic in our training room (which will be available to the group throughout the whole week), invite for debates in front of the fireplace in the hotel lobby, etc. Connect with new and intersting people.
There are lots of alternatives for non-alpine skiers, such as cross-country skiing, ice skating, tobogganing, snow shoeing, shopping and many more. See a list of winter activities here.
Each day there is one free activity: "Davos Klosters Inside, the free guest programme, offers daily winter experiences accompanied by local insiders. Experience sunrise on the mountain, take a glimpse behind the scenes at the Piste and Rescue Service or take part in a torchlight hike.”
Prices Single Participant
On request, prices will be split into a work and a life part. Work covers everything related to the course and life the rest. Good employers will pay for the work part. Great employers will pay the whole lot.
Below you'll find the early bird prices.
Work part EUR 3,300
- 2-day A-CSM course with Henrik Kniberg
- Networking (incl. one social evening event and dinner)
- 3 Nights in a single room (incl. visitors tax covering free activities)
Life part EUR 900
- Ski pass (3 days)
- Instruction with Sophia Kniberg (certified skiing instructor)
- 2 Nights in a single room (incl. visitors tax)
- billed separately on request
TOTAL (Work & Life, 5 days): 4,200
Additional person sharing the same room (with course, 3-day ski pass, 5 nights): EUR 2,900
Additional person sharing the same room (without course, 5-day ski pass, 5 nights): EUR 900
Children staying in the same room (depending on age and excl. ski pass, 5 nights): free - EUR 200
Inclusive (course participants)
- 5 Nights (Sunday till Friday) in a single/double room incl. visitors tax
- Lunch and snacks on the two course-days
- Wellness (infrared cabin, sauna, steam bath, quiet room) & Fitness
- Ski-pass on the three days where there is no training
- 2 hours of group skiing instruction with Sophia Kniberg (max. 8 people pr. group)
- One social evening event around an agile topic (with dinner)
- Free usage of the training room for further self-organized networking and
- Internet / WiFi
- Travel to and from Davos
- Parking (if you come by car)
- Lunches and dinners (except for one evening - see above)
- Other private expenses
The Fine Print
- We've reserved rooms at the Hilton Garden Hotel at a special price. Bookings done after December 31st 2018 might have to pay extra as the special hotel price is only guranteed till the end of 2018
- There are a bunch of connected rooms that can be booked for families where the children are staying in a separate room. The children's room is half the price of the adults. Ask for details if this of interests to you.
- Swiss VAT of 7.7% is included in all prices
- Room cancellations are free of charge until 40 days before the event and must be carried out my confirmed e-mail (receival confirmed by us)